Colic

Colic is so undefinable; so vague. No one really knows why babies cry for seemingly no reason. When everything has been checked on your 6 week old baby and he cries relentlessly what do you do? How do you cope with it?

boznitch

Asked by boznitch at 10:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest had colic. It was miserable, and I had no idea what to do. We took her to a specialist, and one of the doctors, who was not treating her, told me that some colicky babies just want more food. The milk/formula is too thin and they want more. However, it gets overlooked because they are peeing enough, or some ridiculous thing like that. I started making her bottles thicker, and fed her less in a bottle, but more often and it really helped her. You could try that. I'm sorry you are going through this, it is super difficult to be happy when all your baby does is cry.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Some babies are gassier than others...my son was tongue tied, and couldn't lach on well. All the docs missed it...I was cutting holes in the nipples of his bottles so he could drink, he just couldn't get good suction. We didn't find out he was tongue-tied until he was 3.check for that...
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Malicon drops, swaddling with a pacy in the mouth, and try the swing, bouncy seat, if nothing works, then every now and then you just need to make some one watch the baby while you get out of earshot and take a break!!!!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 10:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010