Toddler clothing sizes........what a headache!! Anyone agree?

My son turned 2 last week. 18 month pants are way too big. 12-18 months are way too short. Toddler belts are difficult to find. Belted pants are hard to find. Old Navy had some last year but now they only have 2 styles that I'm not too fond of. 2T sleepers fit him lengthwise perfectly but we'll have to go to 3T very shortly.

It is so frustrating. Sorry for the vent!

Oh, and I also hate how all stores have a million clothes for toddler girls but for toddler boys there's like one little section. Moms love to shop for little boys too!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I hear you! I am dreading the winter, when the length of pants need to be right. Shorts and t-shirts have been pretty easy - they can be too big and still work.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Oh I know! I wish they had half sizes or something. Granted, I don't need to buy more clothes on top of what I'm already been buying!
    Pants are the hardest, my daughter is 14 months old, however she's 18 month size, ahem, width-wise (she's got a big ol' milk belly) but 18 month pants are too long! She just learned how to walk about a month ago and right now I stuff her into 12 month pants so she's not tripping over herself.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes such a pain. And my son always fits his clothes height wise but the waist is always too small or too big. he is slim so I have no clue how a chunky baby fits those smaller pants! Crazy!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• UGH I AGREEE I love shopping for my twin boys but theres like 1/4th the amount of boy clothes than there are for girls. its ridiculous.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• OMG I know! I have a 23 month old daughter, but it's still so hard! Everything is either too big, too small, too short, too long... it's almost impossible to find stuff that actually fits.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have to agree! I'm finding that shopping for my boys and finding sizes that remain constant from brand to brand more difficult than shopping for me... So aggravating! Anyway... I have found a few things that might help you. Children's Place sells belts for toddlers, it's the only place that I've seen them personally. Second, adjustable waist pants! They have been a life safer. Gap, Old Navy, and Children's Place have them and I'm probably not going back to non-adjustables for awhile. I do however like the Jumping Beans brand from Kohls. It's cheap but decent quality but they don't have adjustable waists. I know you can get jeans at TCP for around $10 or less with coupon. (As a side note... I found that Genuine Kids, made by Osh Kosh and sold at Target, also have adjustable waists. I also found that I don't like them. I had my larger son in a pair of 24 months the other day and they were a bit long but so tight in the waist
    lilblufyrfly

Answer by lilblufyrfly at 11:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• that I had to unbutton them so his belly could pop out) :) Good luck!
    lilblufyrfly

Answer by lilblufyrfly at 11:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• LOL My daughter is 2 1/2 and she is so skinny and tall so she is hard 1mos fit her waste wise but are too short! THEN my 5 yr old daughter is the opposite..She has like a booty and thicker thighs she wears size 6 yet they are too long. My son is ok he is 7 but hey boy clothes are better now than they were! I see things I would of loved for him!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I meant 18months!
    hill2

• I hate it. My son is 14 months and needs 18 month clothes cause of his length. I have no problems with pajamas, shirts, onesies or sleepers with him but pants, are hell. He needs 18 month length and 12 month waist..Hes tall and thin and it sucks...All makers should have to make a universal size. Not one brand runs big and one super small. Also, all pants should have adjusters in the legs and the waist..lol..Or, they should make petite sizes for shorter kiddos and tall sizes for taller kiddos, and husky for chubby kiddos!!! lol..And a bigger selection for boys please!!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2010