Has anybody had this happen...

Has anybody had a "weird" period before they found out the were prego?

S.D.A

Asked by S.D.A at 10:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes! I did. We started TTC in late December 2008. I had a period after I stopped the pill, right around that time. Then, NO PERIOD for over 3 months! Docs were checking me, we were planning for fertility treatments, figured we were in for a long road. Then in mid-April I get a period for a day and a half. And May 9 I found out I was pregnant. It wasn't implantation bleeding - I wasn't far enough along according to all my ultrasounds.

I am so grateful for our son, but I can't help but wonder....WTH was going on in my body during that time?
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• when you had your period for a day and a half was it normal flow? how about the color?
    S.D.A

Comment by S.D.A (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Ugh, I really don't remember! I have always had very light flow and I don't remember it being any different. It was just strange because it was so short.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yep! I thought I was pregnant and went to see my doctor for a blood test. I had a lot of the symptoms. Test came back negative. a week later I had my period, at the time I didn't realize it was two weeks early. six weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I'm convinced I was pregnant at the time I had that period.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Mine was a little shorter than usual but it was normal flow, it was normal except it didnt last as long. few days shorter than usual.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My last period only lasted 2 and a half days after being two weeks late...it was brownish the first day and was nothing there after I wiped when I changed my tampon...so strange..not sure what to think..
    S.D.A

Comment by S.D.A (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Could be implantation bleeding, I hear that happens though it didn't happen to me. Good luck!!! If you are that late, an HPT should give you accurate results.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Nope. I actually haven't had any bleeding this time around.
    love_speaks

Answer by love_speaks at 11:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I didnt' know I was preggo for 3 months LOL. I had a sort of normal period in Aug. of that year then Sept. was strange and didn't last long, and Oct. I finally clued in. I thought it was screwed up with stress of my then BF moving to California and starting a new and difficult job at work.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010