First period after birth...

So, I had my son on 9/5/08 and last week I got what I think is my first period. But... (and I know this sounds bad) one night a few days ago, I couldnt help but have sex with my husband. I know, I know 6 weeks right. I cannot help that now. But I have alot of what looks like clotted discharge, and it has a foul odor. I have my 6 week check up on Friday, but if I'm still bleeding the doctor cant really do anything anyway. Anyone have any clues? I'm really nervous that something has gone wrong, like an infection or something. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• 6 weeks after my baby and I was STILL bleeding from the after birth! He was born April and my first real period was August! But I am breastfeeding which they say prolongs getting the period again! Anyways, I bled clotty stuff for a month after babies birth! Hope it's nothing more than that!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 12:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• They usually just give you a pap for your 6 weeks check up. As for the clots i would call and ask over the phone if that is normal, and tell them you are going in on friday. Anyways I had a c section and they would push on my tummy to see if i had clots of blood and yes i did tee tee some out and i told them and they said it was normal if they weren't any bigger than a large grape. i stopped bleeding after a week though so i dont know if that would make a difference. Oh and i had sex 2 weeks after. I couldnt help it either lol. I hope this helped
    Anonymous

• It's probably nothing, your just really sensitive after birth. Just be careful you can get prego easy after baby..
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i bled for a long time. i stopped after two weeks, then started again around 4-5 weeks. we also had sex early. it didn't stop for months, so it may not be your period, you are probably still recovering.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• if it has a foul odor you probably have an infection. Call your doctor.
    Anonymous