Why do I always feel guilty towards my children?

I do the best for my children even when i say no to something, i think 5 times about it and sometimes i do other things to copensate! I feel that they know that now but they are good children though they try to take advantage of that sometimes. this feeling of guilt kills me sometimes and keeps me thinking about them to an extent that i dont do things for myself at all now, no joy for me other than my children!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in About CafeMom

• You shouldn't feel guilty, your doing what is in the best interest of the child/children. It's not alwasy popular, or exactly what the child wants, but you are the mother, not their friend. Your job is to prepare they to be adults, one little step at a time. You should feel proud not guilty when you make good decisions for your children, it doesn't matter how they feel about it.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You have to remember that they are children. They need you to teach them how to act. They don't need everything that they ask for. It's good to be told no. At least this is what I constantly have to tell myself when my son is screaming for a cookie.
    brock-lee

Answer by brock-lee at 1:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have felt guilty in the past with my daughter mainly because she hardly ever sees her father.
    But when my BF came in the picture he made me realize that I was creating a mini monster.
    I am her mom and guess what you can not always have what you want.
    I don't feel so guily anymore because I am know that the world out there is a tough place and I want her to be a strong girl and woman.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2008