i feel so disrespected all the time!

my husband has no respect for me! he doesnt let me know what he is doing or when he will be home but he will freak out if im a half hour late! i went to the store a couple days ago and got stuck at a train. it took me 45 minutes to go to the store and home....should have been 20 minutes and he got mad. yet hes supposed to be at his friends house and goes to the bar instead and leaves his phone at his friends! im pregnant and we have kid!he has the car! what if i had an emergencyi couldnt get ahold of him for 2 hours. but i have to call him at work to say im going to my sisters house cause if he comes home for lunch while im gone hes mad at me! im so sick of it and im sick of talking to him about it! gggrrrrrrr!!!!!what do you think i should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• u need to put ur foot down, same thing happened w/df& i wasnt the same reasons but i was just so unhappy i felt as if he was taking me for granted& it was me all along who let it get that far, i felt belittled it was as if i had no say so n was just the maid n the ass that he could get whenever he wanted, so yea i did leave& i too was a sahm had no car no money but i left, now im back home but thats because i demanded changes, i am now first n what i say goes.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You could try counseling. It didn't work for me, but maybe your man will be different.
    I divorced my jealous control freak because he refused to change.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• And THIS is why I have never married!!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You already know what you should do. You can take your instincts to the bank so you better listen to them. Thank god my husband is nothing like yours!!
    boznitch

Answer by boznitch at 10:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Do what you want anyway...he'll get used to it or he will change the way he behaves. Tell him you will do things just like he does. He can only control you as much as you let him. As far as him stay out and going to the bar and all that...put your foot down. I would flip out! My husband is very respectful, though, so I guess it is easy for me to say. Good luck honey, and make sure you have someone else nearby to take you to the hospital in an emergency.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• tell him how you feel & that you both need to compermise & give him the guilty treatment that you are carrying his baby & need more attention from him & that he is not right for treating you this way
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Seems like the typical male hormonal imbalance. He's on the once a month rant period. !! lol-not!! He would benefit from a break probably but hope that he isn't just setting his own self up all the time for a fight and leave it on your lap. Men!!
    I see this too much and it has to stop.
    Men make their list so long at times, and they forget sometimes. You both need to get a list of sorts specifically and--- sit. down. and. read. it . Make this your goal to read and redo the list. Men aren't usually bad if you just make one , leave it by his water/coffee, (?) and just walk away. He'll most likely see it and be curious to wonder what is written on that paper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• He sounds like a very controlling man. Get couseling or leave him
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• He is very controlling. You have to ask his permission to go to your sisters? You are an adult and should be able to go where you want when you want. You need to sit down and talk this out. Get some boundaries and rules out for the both of you. He needs to remember that he is a father and a husband first and that comes before all play. He should also give you some slack and appreciation. You are not his door greeter, you are his wife, and you have to be in this at least 50/50. He needs to know this. Tell him that this is how the family has to work, or the relationship will not work out. (If you think about it, no relationship can live with a dominant master. You are a human, not a dog.) He either needs to step up or step out. I know this may sound harsh and over board, but it's honesty.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• this is emotional abuse. The next time they ask at your appointment if you are abused, say yes. They will help you get on your feet.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010