This makes me so angry! What would you do?

Yesterday, my almost 14 year old neice was slapped across the face by a 14 year old boy in school because she was laughing so hard, she could not respond to his question asking what she was laughing about. My niece was afraid to tell, but apparently he hit her so hard, a bruise formed on her upper cheek and when her friends saw it at school, this boy started to get threats and the assistant principal got involved. The ass. Principal apparently talked to the boy first who claimed they were goofing around and he really didn't hit her that hard. The ASS principal then called my niece up to the office and said "Well, he said you were just goofing around? So, isn't it the truth that he didn't hit you and you were just goofing around? And he said he didn't really hit you that hard, so tell me, did you put the bruise on there yourself to try to get him in trouble?"
Seriously?? He's blaming my niece?? Continued....

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Now, I am the first person to admit that my niece isnt' perfect, but there were witnesses!! So why is this !@##$$ trying to put the blame on the victim???
    My sister is beside herself. She doesn't know what to do. I told her to call the assistant principal and insist that some sort of punishment be given to the boy (He did not get punished AT ALL!! ) and if he refuses, to take it higher. I also told her to press charges against the boy. Apparently, this is not the first time this boy has had run ins with girls for how he treats them, but another family wound up pressing charges when the ass principal didn't do it, but in that case, he was stalking harassing another girl and no physical contact was involved.
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• wow,your sister should just press charges on the boy & file a complaint againts the school.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• that's terrible, I don't know what could be done other than to have charges pressed against him but I don't think it'll do much since he's only 14
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm more irritated by the actions of the assistant principal!! Seriously!! To try to say she bruised her own cheek! Really!
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Press charges, he will be punished. It will go away when he is 18 so it is not like you would be ruining his life. If he as a history they may put him in "boot camp." The behavior needs to stop before he really hurts someone and ends up in prison.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Contact the superintendent for the school district and discuss the actions of the Ass Principal. your neice should not be blamed for this.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would contact the head principal and the superintendent the same day. If she has not already, she should take photos to document the bruise and also contact the police. It sounds like the principal and the boy both need put in their place.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• That boy needs to be punished. He just can't go around and treat girls like this. If they were goofing around, I don't think she would have had a bruise on her face. The assistant principal shouldn't have asked her who put it there. It sounds like he is choosing sides. I would definitely be going over some heads. Someone needs to file charges and let his parents know that this is not okay. If he is like this now, what's he going to be like in a few years? By the way, I would be taking some pictures so you will have evidence that he did this. You will need proof, bruises will go away.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree with contacting the Superintendent. It sounds like the Principal did not take it serious enough.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'd contact the Superintendent or the School Board!! ASAP!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2010