how to finish potty training with a boy?

My son is 2 and I started potty trainning about 2 weeks ago. I got him to usderstand to go pee and poop in the potty, however the potty is in his room, cause he wont do it in the restroom. Yesterday is when he started to tell me but all late. He would already start peeing or pooping but I would still put him on the potty. How can I help him understand when its time to go? He is wearing training diapers cause he is scared of underwear, any tips??

i_am_ur_kittie

Asked by i_am_ur_kittie at 10:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Started training 2 weeks ago??? You JUST started!!! It takes WAY longer than that for most children! You are in it for the long hall.. chillax!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 11:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• He's doing great for only trying for two weeks! I would say that your on the right track, but maybe expecting too much for just starting out. I would try to move the potty a little every day (closer to the bathroom). As far as the underwear...he might be scared because it is a lot of change at once. If he's telling you, but just a little to late that is excellent. As time goes on he will understand the feeling he gets before he goes and will start telling you ahead of time, or maybe even doing it himself. Until then, you'll have to be aware of when he usually goes so you can make potty trips at the appropriate times so he can understand what you are trying to accomplish.
    NaturalMomma219

Answer by NaturalMomma219 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i agree, time. he'll get there, dont stress about it too much
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 6:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• At times you just have to keep an eye on him and see his facial reactions. Then just keep asking to you have to go and then at times just him over to potty chair. It's a repetitive pattern until he gets it. GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010