my husbands mom

she went out be hind mine nd my husbands back after we told her no to get our oldest girl those twinkle toe shoes...she did...and now im pissed off...shes been treating our youngest daughter like shit...she goes out and buys her other 3 grandchildren stuff all the time and doesnt to the youngest..yes she is only 11 months but she if very advanced for her age...she treats her totally different then the other 3..its sickening...this isnt the first time she bought our oldest something and not our other child..and yes shes 11 months old but she sees this and our oldest teases her with whatever she gets...so do u think im in the wrong when im goin to tell her if she doesnt treat both of our girls the same then she wont get to see either one of them???

krystalmarie857

Asked by krystalmarie857 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• no your not wrong for doing that you should do that
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No, I don't think it's asking too much for your MIL to honor your requests. If she can't she can stay away.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• thanks...my mom did the same thing to my grandmother...she would favor me and get me things and not my brother when i was younger and my brother used to cry and my mom told my grandmother that if she didnt treat us fairly then she cant see us for a month...well she lasted the month and called my mom crying sayin she cant stand not seeing me nor my brother and shes treated us the same till the day she passed away almost 2 years ago...
    krystalmarie857

Comment by krystalmarie857 (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• ugh i so feel u my inlaws r like that except it the other way they prefer the 2 yr old more than my 4 yr old..my mother in law joking has even asked if my oldest is her sons cus he dnt look like him but the 2 yr old does...
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I actually learned very young that we were to share whatever we got amongst ourselves. We were 5 children. I do remember an aunt or uncle giving me something and no the others and I would immediately, without any further thought, turn around and split it with my siblings or take turns. You won't always be there to protect your kids from the unfairness of life but I think you can teach your kids to look out for each other and make sure they are all sharing whatever blessings they receive. In fact, teach them to do the sharing right there in front of your in-law so she gets the message. Either they learn to share the presents or they are donated to Goodwill.
    song888

Answer by song888 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You are in the right, it isn't fair to your 11 month old daughter, who probably know whats going on. Equal treatment even if it means no more gifts from grandma.
    mamatiger18

Answer by mamatiger18 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• its crazy cause when i first found out that i was pregnant she told my husband right in front of me that he was stupid for getting me pregnant...im like WTF....lol...o yes i do have to tell u this...our oldest is my husbands from a previous relationship as well...but i dont think it should make a difference..she should treat all of them the same in my eyes!!!
    krystalmarie857

Comment by krystalmarie857 (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• next time she only buys your oldest something ,you should take it away from your dd in front of your mil& remind her that if she isnt going to get them both something then she cant buy them anything at all n keep doing that until she does.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i mean my mom gets our 11 month old and our 5 year old plus my nephew things all the time...she doesnt just get one something and not the other 2...and thats how i was raised they should a be treated equally except birthdays...now my 11 month olds birthday is october 8th...i think thats the only time a present should be given to any other child except there birthday and christmas and easter...thats it...all the other times they r supposed to be equally...even my sister in law says she did this to the boy when he was younger and still sometimes does it to this day..its insane and my husband says i have it in for his mom...
    krystalmarie857

Comment by krystalmarie857 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i would tell her untill she can figure out she has two grand daughters not to come around that is mean but she is in the wrong
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 11:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010