How do I get my twin one year old boys to play nice?

They beat and pick on each other but when i separate them, they get upset and sad.

mamatiger18

Asked by mamatiger18 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• HA if you find the answer to this please let me know. my twins are one and take things from each other constantly. one is a biter and one is a hitter. its soo hard at this age since they dont understand not to do it, why they shouldn't do it, or any direction you give them about not doing it.
    the only thing I can think, (but haven't tried yet) is seperating them. I heard one mom say once she actually put them in seperate play yards. I dont' have enough room for that, plus they hate being confined in such a small space anyway.
    good luck though
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• same thing w/my boys they are 21months& 4yrs old yet when i get after one the other goes and defends him.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• im scared my twin boys are only 5 months old i see what i have to deal with good luck
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 11:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• at first it was super cute, now they are just being mean to each other. lol. i give them both sippy cups and one steals the other's just to have two cups.
    mamatiger18

Comment by mamatiger18 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• LOL you will be dealing with this for years to come my boys are 7 5 and 3 and they are still fighting and taking things from each other but hate being apart
    conweis

Answer by conweis at 1:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010