What is...?

the silliest conspiracy theory you have ever heard?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The silIiest to me is, it is sometimes claimed that the Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise is owned by the Ku Klux Klan, and the chicken is laced with a drug that makes only black men impotent.

Ironically, the KFC franchise is actually owned by an African-American.

I literally laughed outloud when I heard this.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 4:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I like to believe there's a little truth in all of them :o)
    brock-lee

Answer by brock-lee at 1:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• ^^ seriously?

Personally, I got a good laugh over the woman who thought rainbows were ACTUALLY caused by the chemicals in people's garden sprinklers. Heehee. Does science mean nothing to this woman?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• not that seriously...Maybe I shouldn't use a smiley face to represent a humorous remark.

brock-lee

Answer by brock-lee at 1:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Plus, when I think of conspiracies I don't think of ignorant people like that. I think more about New World Order, chem trails, the Bilderberg group...
    brock-lee

Answer by brock-lee at 1:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Well the OP said "silly". I see where you are coming from if you are talking about things like that....but I took "silly" to mean totally-of-your-rocker crazy!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It isn't silly but the one that was always incredulous to me is the people who STILL believe we never landed on the moon. They truly believe it was a hoax pulled on...well, on the whole world.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I thought about all of them because I know some people who think that the ones I mentioned are silly. But I've never heard the garden sprinkler one; that is silly. Really, does she not know how rainbows are made? Third graders know this kinda stuff. LOL
    brock-lee

Answer by brock-lee at 1:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Grneyedgrandma, funny you should mention that.... My husband and I were talking last night about conspiracy stuff (there was a question on here somewhere about the holocaust) - and he was like "I don't know if we did land on the moon...." I just sorta gaped at him. He gets his skepticism from his father, who has been known to believe in a few crazy things himself (like that Magic Johnson has been cured of AIDS, but nobody knows about it because it's so expensive and in order to get the cure you have to sign secrecy contracts...) Pssh.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• How can you prove we landed on the moon? How come Magic Johnson has died yet? I've never known anyone to live that long with AIDS. Not trying to piss you off or anything but this kinda relates to what I said about all little truth in all of them. Plus, it's fun to really think about things like this and not just believe everything that is handed to us. Or maybe I just listen to Coast to Coast too much!
    brock-lee

Answer by brock-lee at 2:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2008