so i saw this ad for a new baby doll from Spain... a breastfeeding baby doll

I wish i knew how to post the ad right on here...

But basicly its a baby doll that comes with a bra like top that the child puts on and it has flowers that cover the nipple area, the child holds the baby doll to the flowers and it makes a gulping sound... When the flowers wilt or start to fold it means the baby needs burped OR the "nipple" is cracked and sore!

Now im all for breastfeeding BUT this crosses the line i think. Its as bad as Pregnant Barbie!
I think its called "Bebe Gluton" or something like that... You must google it! Then tell me ypur opinion please.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 11:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wow... I think it's far too far... I prefer baby dolls simple. Then again I don't think it's as bad yet as baby wee wee that we got bought one year. I don't know if you're familiar but when he needs to go wee wee you have to pull his pants down and raise his penis :|.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my daughter walked around with a baby doll to her boob all the time when i was breast feeding my baby. i thought it was cute but i dont think i would ever buy a baby doll that does that. a child shouldnt be putting ona bra, especially in the mimicing stage thats very young.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYoZVroBZs

this may be the most weridest thing i have seen yet, what will they make next
    i_am_ur_kittie

Answer by i_am_ur_kittie at 11:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• wow that is wierd.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Plez... It's no big deal! I've seen my daughter and other little girls that "breast feed" their babies and stuff animals. They DO NOT have this doll! They just do it with the doll and animals they have. The only thing this doll would do is add sound and sucking noise. Similar to the dolls that make sucking and drinking noise when you feed them a bottle. The only reason the 'bra" like device is needed is so the doll can make the sucking noise. It's what "triggers" the noises that the doll makes.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• YAY! A doll that show how babies are supposed to eat! WOOT! WOOT! GO FRENCH TOY MAKERS!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, this is weird. Breastfeed is natural but it's a grown up thing I can think of other natural grown up things that there should not be dolls made for as well. To me this is in poor taste.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Breast-feeding isn't such a taboo in other countries, so this is akin to American dolls invariably coming with a bottle to feed the baby with.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 11:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Though it's odd to see at first because we are Americans and we're made to feel that anything natural these days is inappropriate, I have no issues with the doll. It encourages breastfeeding from an earlier age. If you breastfeed your baby in front of your other children, then you're doing that anyway.

Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• How Cool!

I watched a commercial or demo on YouTube. The flowers don't wilt to show the baby needs burped or that the nipples are cracked. The flowers don't change at all. The doll makes crying, suckling, and burping noises. There are so many dolls with bottles and it is so common for babies and dolls in books to have bottles. Any breastfeeding doll is great.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010