SIM Card question! (AT&T)

Okay, DH can NOT take a camera phone to work with him. We were shopping online for new phones, but there are hardly any without cameras...or at least not "cool" ones.
So, the question is - if we signed a contract with AT&T for "cool" his and hers phones, but wanted to pick up a non-camera GoPhone for DH to take to work, could he put his cool/plan phone SIM card on his GoPhone??

sojourner.

Asked by sojourner. at 11:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Shopping

• I used to work for at&t customer service so my knowledge is about a year old but... It's against your contract so don't tell customer service youre doing it. if you change sim cards between phones you MIGHT have issues like recieving tex tmessages, and since youre not supposed to use the gophones, you cant call customer service about it.
    it should work though.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have no idea seems abv gave you a good ans though. I'll bump you.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It goes against your contract, but yes, it is possible. I know several people who do it.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You could just buy a separate phone for him to use when he goes to work.

You can look for specific phone recommendations at http://www.phonescoop.com .

Or for $23 you can get a bare bones phone for him. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013A7KMW/ We just bought one (should be delivered any day now) to keep on hand as a back up phone.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes you certainly can. There is a flaw in the system with AT & T. A Go Phone will accept all SIM cards and vice versa.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'm not sure I would call that a "flaw", m-avi.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010