thyroides

omg help tell me all the ups and dwns of low thyroides, for dys i have felt like someone beat the mess out me no energy slugished,tired moody, dapressed wanna cry at any little thang,not big on food but i eat to keep from getting sick small amounts that is but come on help with these thyroides mess, i was taken thyroide meds but insurance will not pay for it, 0.025mg of (levothyroxine)

6carebears

Asked by 6carebears at 1:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• you HAVE to take your meds! the doctor wouldn't have given you them otherwise!
    Anonymous

• wow, that's the lowest dose I've ever heard of anyone taking! Have you called the phamacy to fing out how much it costs? I don't think it's as much as you think it is. I buy the name brand kind (synthroid) that is 100mcg and it's only $22 a month. My husband is on a lot of drugs for diabetes, high blood pressure, and asthma. He get's his meds at Walmart and gets a discount on their discount plan.
    Are you sure you can't afford it? If you really can't, that alone should qualify you for medicaid shouldn't it?
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• the medicine you are on is $10 for a 3 month supply at walmart... can't you afford that for your health? http://www.walmart.com/cservice/contextual_help_popup.gsp?modId=554341

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Thank you flutterfae, I'm going to have to switch to Walmart!
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• definitely Lornamay :) you're welcome :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• WHAT IS A NORMAL DOSE OF THYROIDE MEDS I ONLY TAKE 0.025 BUT THE DOC THAT WROTE OFF ON IT WILL NOT GIVE A REFILL
    6carebears

Answer by 6carebears at 2:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2008