can i still breastfeed

i breastfeed n the beginning and then i stopped now my baby is three months old n want me to breastfeed ..is there any way i can start producing milk again

amiyamom

Asked by amiyamom at 1:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How long have you not been breastfeading?
    Anonymous

• sorry i didnt mean to go anonymous
    kaylie_08

Answer by kaylie_08 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• See your OB/GYN doctor. It's not easy but there are meds to help you relactate.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• for about two n half months
    amiyamom

Answer by amiyamom at 1:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You can relactate! It will take alot of dedication but can be done (with or without meds) Check out these links:

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/relactation.html

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html

You should also get in contact with a lactation consultant in your area. If you need help finding one let me know and I can try to help you find someone. Good luck!

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 2:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i agree with what philsbabymama said. it's not hard to relactate it just takes work.
    good luck!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You can get meds to bring the milk back in.. Or it might not have dried up completely and you can begin trying to nurse and/or pumping. The bad part: She might not be interested in nursing anymore. But I guess it can't hurt! :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 3:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• yes you can depending on how long you have not been breastfeeding.... its' hard to start producing again but to try you need to keep your baby close, smell the clothes, stuff like that.
    CivicChik2907

Answer by CivicChik2907 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It will likely not be easy, but yes you can re-lactate. Women who have never even given birth can induce lactation. See a lactation consultant!
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008