my dh and i couldnt have sex till the ultra sound was done for precautions but i had it 3 days ago and he hasnt touched me at all! why????

he was so excited for me to get this ultra sound out of the way so we could finally have sex again IT HAS BEEN A MONTH!!!! the longest we have gone is maybe 4 days and it has been 3 days since the ultra sound and yesterday morning i tried to make a move on him and he got up and said i dont have time i have to shave so i stopped and then last night i was so ready and he didnt try once i asked him if he didnt want to and he said he did and i asked him to make me feel wanted and he just said well i would like that too sometimes! I DID! twice and was turned down. he just went to sleep after me asking that what the hell! i am pregant and dont feel the sexiest and would likehim to make me feel it and he doesnt what do i do?? it is so weird latley

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• maybe he's afraid he'll hurt the baby. seeing your baby on the ultrasound might have made it more real to him,that his child is alive and growing inside you. try talking to him,or have him talk to your dr. so he knows he can't hurt the baby. maybe that will help,if not--looks like you may have to go without. good luck.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Sounds like he's a little nervous about having sex, he may be afraid to harm the baby. I'd say just tell him that the dr said it's fine to have sex now, tell him it may actually be good for the baby. Tell him this during the day, not when your attempting to have sex, just reassure him, then try again. I think he'll come around when he realizes that he won't harm the baby, and that you do really desire him. Just give him time to adjust.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Well I know with my husband it was because he was scared he was going to hurt the baby.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• The scared thing might be true...It could also be that he is feeling a little left out, a little helpless, a little unappreciated. Not that it is happening intentionally, I don't mean that. But sometimes, people tend to focus on the needs of the pregnant chick and not on the needs of the father too.
    lyricsnlaughter

Answer by lyricsnlaughter at 6:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i totally agree w/ the PPs! he is prob afraid of hurting the baby and cant bring himself to explain that to you.
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• he's probably still scared... he's afraid that he'll either hurt you or the baby.. it might also be a little weird for him because it finally just realized that you're preg and he's still in there you know what i mean... some guys get like that... my baby's daddy got like that at first until i proved to him that i wouldn't do anything to the baby. :)
    DayDays_Mommy

Answer by DayDays_Mommy at 5:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008