11 month old drowns in bath tub? Child abuse or not?

I do believe in some way this was child abuse because of the persons age...

But I'm just wanting to know other peoples thoughts,because it still hasnt been decided if child abuse was relevant to her death...

Link below.

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 12:13 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• mommy16love

Comment by mommy16love (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Security blocker thingy won't let me open the link! :/
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• this is why you dont leave your kids in the bath tub unattended!
    sunshine86912

Answer by sunshine86912 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am thinking yeah but does depend on the circumstances...I did not view the link.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• its hard to say, of course it gets one angry but accidents do happen, no one wants these things to happen, just 2weeks ago my ds ran into the bbq pit, i should of been keeping a closer eye on him i had no one to blame but myself.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I can't open the link. But a lot of tub accidents are pure ignorance at the expense of a child. It can be a very grey area.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16032034?source=rss

try it in your search bar...
    mommy16love

Comment by mommy16love (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yah, read the link. Sounds like pure ignorance. A 17 yo boy watching a baby? I'm sure he had no idea you don't leave a baby alone in the tub. And the family didn't sound to with it either. I don't think it would be delibaratly abusive. But very sad, seeing as baby isn't here anymore.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• well ive been a mother since I was 15 years old and never once have I left my daughter by any body of water alone...so it not as black and white as it seems when it comes to age,Im sure that boy has some sense,and if hes dumb enough to think he can leave a 11 month old in a bath tub.then her mother shouldnt of been having that idiot watch her.
    mommy16love

Comment by mommy16love (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• You have already decided it's abuse. So why ask? There wasn't that much detail in the article to say it was. So I'm not going to say that it was abuse. There is a grey area. He's also a 17 yo male, I don't know very many boys that age that know how to care for a baby. My hubby didn't know how to change a diaper when we met. Yes, agreed they made a very poor decision that costed a baby her life, but in a court of law it had to be willfully done. Not everyone knows common things like that. You'd be suprised.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2010