What do you think about this?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 11 months tomorrow. He told me last month that he thought our relationship was stagnant, and had been since roughly May, when the military, which he was trying to re-enlist in at the time, denied him. This was his dream job, and he was devastated when they told him no. He works at a retail job that he hates and was promoted roughly 2 1/2 months ago, and has been even more stressed than he was prior to the promotion. He isn't as affectionate either because he is overwhelmed. But he told me not to worry about the fact that we were stagnant (he said he wasn't sure if we still were), because 11 months isn't that long to be in a relationship, and that only being stagnant for a couple of months isn't a bad thing. Do you think I should not worry about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• i would worry a bit.... maybe try to help him relax by giving him a massage and cook him dinner and do things that he really like like cook his favorite meal. if its stress maybe this will help if not then i dont know
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 12:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Is he bad at asking for things directly? THis could be a passive aggressive way to ask for more sex.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Nope. He's so overwhelmed with all of the new responsibility he's been given at work and stress that he isn't interested. But he says nothing has changed between us or the way he feels about me.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Try spicing things up a bit.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2010