What kind of relationship do you envision for you and your kids?

So just recently over the last year or so mom and I have gotten pretty close. Prior to that I opened up to her and told her I felt like she wasn't there for me and didn't check up on me. I would always be the one to call or email and I just felt like I wasn't important to her. I have four girls and I'm really excited for when they get older and I will still be their mom, but I hope they feel like they can come to me for anything. And my son, well I want the same for him too. I just hope they let me be a big part of their lives forever.

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 12:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids, adopted, were very neglected before they came to our family. While helping them to become healthy normal functional people, our family grew very close. Following my husband's death, my children and I have grown even closer ... and I have no reason to expect that our close relationship will ever become anything less.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I want my kids to feel that they can be open with me no hiding things from us,I want to be a mom while they are growing up but I want to be a friend when they are grown if that makes scents.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2010