how can I train a 4 year old to go poopy on the toilet

He is perfectly capable in most every way. He goes pee pee on the toilet no problem. I can keep him dry during naps, but not yet successful all night. The biggest problem is his refusal to poop in the toilet. He will poop in a diaper.

wsbell50

Asked by wsbell50 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• make him clean it up and or show him videos on it like elmos potty time
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Patients, never heard of a teen in diapers because he didn't want to go and do it. He should be getting before he hits 5. Also boys are slower learners then girls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Patience, never heard of a teen in diapers because he didn't want to go and do it. He should be getting before he hits 5. Also boys are slower learners then girls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• don't feel bad, I'm having the same trouble with my son!
    3lilgems

Answer by 3lilgems at 6:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My son is 3. He can and will use the potty, but wont tell me he has to go. He'd prefer to pee/poo in his diaper than stop his fun. I have been rewarding him with stickers. it's working pretty good. not 100% but pretty good.
    Jessnpat2

Answer by Jessnpat2 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I used a Chart System. Print out a Free Potty Chart by going to www.google.com and type in Free Printable Potty Charts. Then buy some stickers. Let your little one know if they Pee they get ONE sticker and if Poopy they get TWO stickers. Then at the end of the week = Friday, take your little one shopping for a Prize! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• you have to make it interesting for him, while he is sitting on the potty or the toilet allow him to look at the poopy come out and when it hits the water make a sound or say something like Bombs Away!!!!!!!!!!!! and if he does it give him his most favorite treat.
    myoutlet

Answer by myoutlet at 12:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2008