i can not sleep at night or during the day i will sleep for like 3 hours and be right back up but im so sleepy i have taken unisom and that doesnt work my doctor told me to stay awake and eventually i will go to slep but i cant keep going onm 3 hours of sleep im grumpy and irratable any ideas?

cant sleep

nikkin182

Asked by nikkin182 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Maybe try comfort foods like soup, take a nice warm shower then go straight to a dark room. Make sure your in comfy clothes too that always helps make sure its quite or if you need background noise try a fan on low. Hope that helps a little good luck
    Moe727

Answer by Moe727 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I'm probably wrong but I think fresh air helps a lot! I think it would be worth a try to go for a walk or even sit outside for a while and get some fresh air.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• try using headphones and play mozart or anything like that
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you; but I can sympathize. I did that with both of my pregnancies at the end. I didn't sleep but 2-3 hours a night (sometimes not even that). It is awful!! Some people say that it is your body's way of preparing you for a newborn that doesn't sleep. So, I'm sorry and I hope you don't have long to go.
    MOMMY2BABYGIRLS

Answer by MOMMY2BABYGIRLS at 4:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2008