My daughter was hit several times by a girl at her school. What should I do?

When she finally hit the girl back she got into trouble. I called the teacher who stated that another told him that my daughter was being hit but when he turned to see what was going on he only noticed my daughter hitting the girl back. So he placed both of them in the penalty box... (WHATEVER THAT IS)

My daughter got into trouble. I wonder if it hurt her feelings? I wonder if she will be okay?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• it may not be right but i always tell my kids that if anybody hit them they better knock the crap out of them,kids are mean now a days
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• your daughter learned a valuable lesson with this. She learned that sometimes bad thigns happen to good people. She also stood up for her self and that is great. She will not be permanently damaged but and yes she will be OK. The penal;ty box is his version ofd the time out chair.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes I told her that it was good that she hit her back. But that she had to remember to tell the teacher. She only has two more weeks there. We are moving to a new area so a new school!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would call a meeting with the teacher and the principal - it's ridiculous that she was defending herself and ended up in trouble.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• You need to get on that and talk to that teacher. And your daughter should've gotten help for her bad situation rather than hitting, so have a talk with her as well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree with gabby. I told my almost 10 year old daughter that if some kid hits her she needs to hit them back. I have had plenty of talks with the principal about my daughter being bullied and nothing was ever done. So now, if my daughter gets hit I told her to hit back. She has had issues with this one girl since summer school. My daughter has done everything to get this girl to leave her alone. Well, 2 days ago my daughter kicks the girl and that girl has left my daughter alone. It may be wrong but at least the girl got the message..
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Right that is how I feel. Also another teacher told him that my daughter was getting hit. Where was he?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• If your daughter is not the type to normally fight back, it may have hurt her feelings that someone would push her against a wall and she felt like she had to defend herself, but she will be just fine. I would keep an eye on the situation to make sure she doesn't keep having the same problem with this girl.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 12:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

Answer by 69humblepie

She is not one to fight back... I guess that I am actually kinda proud that if someone pushes toooooo much she will stand up for herself. She just has to fight back and/or tell sooner.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I always told my kids to defend themselves. When my sin was in school he got into trouble because he defended himself from another kid. The other kid didn't get into trouble. I have a yelling match with the asst. principal of yhe school. Pissed me off. Hitting is notvtje answer but sometimes there is a right time to.

dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2010