How much is/did your 4 month old eat/sleep

My daughter is waking up every 3 hours at night to eat! She was better as a newborn!
But she is drinking 4 oz and i want to feed her more but she is spitting up with just 4 oz and i decided to start her on solids but that didn't help either

kaylajean86

Asked by kaylajean86 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you switched the nipples out in your bottles yet from stage 1 to stage 2? I just did that and my daughter will be 4mos next week. She eats about 4-5oz, but before I swtiched the nipple it was 3-4oz. She sleeps thru the night tho, 7+ hours, last night she slept for 9 :)
    FluffyMountains

Answer by FluffyMountains at 1:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• no i haven't switched it yet...i don't think i ever did with my oldest daughter either..
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It makes a huge difference!!! You should definitely switch! She might not be eating as much as you want because she has to work harded to get the food out, and she gives up when her jaw gets tired. It's a lot of work to suck that much lol.
    FluffyMountains

Answer by FluffyMountains at 2:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My son nurses and drinks formula. He's starting to go to bed at 10PM and wake up at about 5-6AM. Sometimes he'll eat at 3AM. She may be going through a growth spurt.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• solids at that age don't do anything for hunger. in fact, if their tummy isn't ready to digest solids it can make matters worse.
    at that age it sounds like it might be a growth spurt OR teething.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2008