Filling up the Calendar

Do you say "yes" to events as they come up? What happens then if something else comes up (you say yes to a birthday party then the next day you see a 10K run you want to do on the same date)?

Do any of you moms wait before filling in the calendar? Give it a few days?

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 12:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't always answer immediately, but I tend to put family and friend events ahead of my own personal events. There are things that I'd like to do that I put aside for birthdays and special occasions. I try to give people as much notice as possible because I know how much it helps me with planning if I know how many people are coming to my events.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I pretty much commit and then stick to it. Sometimes I miss out on an event, but I can't be everywhere at once.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I just keep my yeses to a minimum. Seriously, I need one day off for every activity just to regroup.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I always check my calendar before committing - we've got so much going on, I've got events planned to the summer of next year already and there's no way I can remember it all on my own.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I say yes to the most important events to me. The other ones..i'll participate if I can.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I commit to something then stay with it unless something more important comes up.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 12:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010