Would you marry a guy that had been in prison?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I am with a man who is prison now,And I plan on marrying him,It honestly depends on why he was in there.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Depends on why he was in prison.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Only if he is not guilty.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 1:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I know men that are in prison or have been. Some of them return to outside life and everything works out. Others go back to their old life and friends because they can't get a decent job with a record. They loose hope. They give up & return to prison because they violated their perole. Question is: Is he marrying you to take care of him? Does he have a plan to keep him from returning to his past? If he's into drugs, will you be able to be strong enough to not do them yourself? Is this his first time in? Have you visited him inside? Have you had anyone check him out? I say this because many of them keep stuff from you and only paint a pretty picture until they have you hook, line, and sinker. If you do decide to marry him. I'd wait a year to see how things are going to pan out. If you are the one landing up doing all the work, its a red flag that he's just useing you for the money. I hope this isn't the case. Walk slowly!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 3:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• depends what is was for, there's alot of things people go to prison for that aren't that major to the populace. Like going to jail for having no car insurance 3 times in a row cuz he couldn't afford it at that time in his life. To me, thats not a deal breaker, just help him afford car insurance lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• no.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 7:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2010