What good cheap activities for toddlers

I'm looking for cheap ideas to get my son out of the house he's almost 2 and i'm have to go back to work part time to support the family, husband lost job, so he's takeing over my job and i need cheap or free activities for them to do out of the house. Any ideas?

Proverbs3127

Asked by Proverbs3127 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We take the mattresses from the twins cribs, toss them on the floor, and let the kids go wild! Also, look for any splash pads in your area. Most of the time, they are free. Another good option is to check out some of your local botanical gardens or farmers markets. Also a lot of your libraries have reading time or kids areas they can go play in. And look fo rany hands on museums, art museums, kids museums...anything like that, in your area.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• parks, story time at the library, check for free admission days to children's museums and zoo.
    fireflymcl

Answer by fireflymcl at 1:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• make forts on the lawn. draw on the sidewalk with chalk. play music & have a "dance party", bike riding, visit a park or duck pond if there's one nearby. i would say tea party, but i'm not sure if that's something you'd be interested in for your son. =P i'm just naming things off the top of my head that i do with my daughters.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• play dough, drawing with chalk, painting, sorting cutlery, folding laundry-who does this belong to, watching insects outside
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 6:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Play with the sprinker outside if it's still warm. Make bubbles. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Chuck e cheeses is free if you don't buy tokens.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 1:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2010