I do not want my Landlord coming to my baby shower???

I live in a condo and have to get my landlord to sign a paper for the party room.(since he is the owner I am the tenant) We have to pay for the $275 deposit and are responsible if something breaks, etc.
I dont want him and his family to come. They are the type of people that would be making me feel like they are watching. They freak out if we say we will come to pay the rent at 9pm. They will call us at 9:10pm freaking out like we moved out and just left. They make me feel uncomfortable completely around them and they would make me feel uncomfortable if they came. oh, they still live in the same complex.

My Question: How do I politely not invite them? How do I word it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you just need to find a new place for the party. I am not sure why he would invite himself anyway, because that is kind of weird, but if you're suspecting he will you should have a talk with him.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree, hold the party elsewhere. Check with your local library. They usually have meeting rooms that people can rent for various occasions including baby showers, and the fee is usually very reasonable (alot cheaper than $250).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Holding it elsewhere is an easy way. But if you want it there, just tell him its only a very intimate party for extremely close friends and family, even if that is not true.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Umm... he is your lanlord not your friend...just don't invite him...lol..

how many people actually invite their landlords to such personal events? LOL...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2010