What did you want to be when you grew up and have you done that?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 1:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• i always want to be baker but end up being a mom who bakes all the time
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I wanted to be a teacher, and although I'm not a certified school teacher, I've done a lot of teaching.

I taught the gifted and talented program one year at our elementary. I taught art enrichment in our local elementary schools, I teach sewing lessons, and I homeschooled my boys, so in a way.....yes!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I wanted to be a doctor... No I am not one, lol, but I am studying different things in the medical field :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I always wanted to be a veterinarian when I was little and then in high school I wanted to be a hairdresser...I just started school and going for my RN :)
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I wanted to be a crime scene investigator. No I have not done that I actually just decided to become a doula
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 1:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I've wanted to be a equine veterinarian since I was 2. I am now going to college, married, 1 toddler, and another on the way, to earn my degree as a veterinarian of medicine (vm) for horses. I'm still several years off before that happens, but it will all be worth it once I'm done.
    MAMA890910

Answer by MAMA890910 at 1:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I wanted to be a teacher and a nurse....went to college took classes for both and ended up being a nurse but am a few hrs shy of becoming a teacher....guess that will be my back up plan when I get old.
    Joey07

Answer by Joey07 at 2:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• A devoted mother- yes! A veterinarian- no, but I gave up on that dream quickly when I realized it would probably involve euthanasia and dissection of dead things in school. A pediatrician- same thing, knew I loved kids but realized the actual job description and backed out. A teacher- Backed out of that because I didn't like the school system, but recently resumed the dream after deciding that I could be an educator without being in the public schools. Currently getting my degree. A social worker or child psychologist- planning to double major or go back for multiple degrees. A wildlife rehabilitation specialist- someday <3.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i wanted to be a teacher...never came close to being one
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I wanted to be a mommy - dream accomplished!

Answer by missanc at 9:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2010