who?

all has thyroid problems? well the doctor told me i have an underactive thyroid and this has been 8months and still i have not been treated.. The doctor said its not so bad that i need med's for it.. but i feel bad all the time I hate feeling like this.. I have to go for some more testing in about 2weeks.. im scared i have cancer or something.. I just feel im im about to go crazy..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Health

• I have and have had thyroid problems. Since i was younger than 12 and I am 25 now. The thing about the thyroid is when you start the treatment you are on the medication for life. They can do one of two things with your thyroid. They can take it out and you take the meds for the rest of your life or they can use radiation on it. I have had the radiation done to me bc they said I was too young for them to take it out. Your thyroid is an organ that is on your breathing tube. It will get bigger or smaller depending on the problem you have with it. And the fact that it is on your breathing tube is the cause for concern. Also this little organ when working right sends hormones to your whole body. Your brain, heart, everything telling it how to function. So this little organ can make you tired and feel bad. Lots of stuff. It is not cancer though. And with treatment this will not be deadly.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2010