halloween food

hey my motherinlaw is having a get togeter right before halloween and we have to make a covered dish... Dose anyone have any ideas on some halloween (fun) food to make ( also i need it to be easy and cheap) im not a good cook and there will be like 20-30 people there

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Food & Drink

• What about Lil Smokies in bbq sauce? We serve them at our Halloween party, and tell the kids they're bloody fingers lol.

You can also make a large batch of tomato soup in a slow cooker, and then use bocconcini (the little mozzerella balls) and olives to make eyeballs floating in the soup. Just use a melon baller to scoop a space for the olive out of the cheese, press the olive in and there you have an eyeball! You can also stick rosemary leaves in olives to make little bugs.

There's also a recipe for Mock Chow Mein on my blog...it's easy, cheap and fees a LOT of people.

http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Last year I made 7 layer dip in a rectangular baking dish 9 X 13. Refried beans, chopped tomatoes, black olives, salsa, and shredded cheese layed in that order. Next I used food coloring and turned the guacamole purple. One spoon at a time I layered it on top and smoothed it out. Finally, I put the sour cream in a baggie and cut a small area out of the corner of the baggie. I began in one corner of the dip by making a dollop, About an inch out from the sour cream dollop I made thin lines about an inch apart in a semi circle. When I finished I took a tooth pick and ran straight lines out from the sour cream dollop. I now had a spider web. I placed a plastic spider on top for effects. It was a hit with everyone.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Want something real fun? How about Kitty Litter Cake? It looks like the real thing but supposedly tastes real good if someone dares to eat it. LOL

Here's a link...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kitty-Litter-Cake/Detail.aspx

njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 6:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2008