How many of you attend church and are very active on a regular basis?

If you do what activities are you very active in?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 2:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I attend Church every sunday even when I feel like I may be to sick to go. Church is where I go to get fed spiritually and to learn and grow in my relationship with God. Church is a huge part of my life and I try to bring what I learn in church through the rest of the week, not just go to church on Sunday and by monday forget everything that was said and so on. Church is where I find comfort and I enjoy going. I attend bible studys with my church, I have gone on hikes with them, we have a huge meal once a month, and a ton of other stuff. Dont know where I would be in my life today if it were not for God and therefore I go to church and praise him each week, even praise him outside of church.
    Godslight85

Answer by Godslight85 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My husband is the Pastor. So we are very active :-)
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 6:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i belive in god but i do not go to church.i was told god is ever where and god him self said he would rather have people pray in fields and mountains then in a church so people can see them pray
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I teach Sunday School and I am a leader with Awana in Wednesday nights. Currently I am hosting a bible study once a week and I help out with our children's musicals throughout the year.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 2:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would love to go to church on a regular bases and i would do it as often as I could. I however am without transportation and I belong to a church that is about 30 minutes away. I don't feel comfortable asking for someone to come all the way out to where I live to come and get and then bring me home. I live in a rural area and so don't get go to church like I would like to.
    Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 6:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I used to be VERY involved. Helping with children's church, playing clarinet solos, reading scripture during the sermon, Alcolyting, helping give communion and with Ashe Wednesday, serving on the church council, helping with confirmation class, helping with the children's choir - church was my life back at my home church. My preacher joked about turning me into a preacher, which is funny because at the time I had no interest, but now there's nothing more I want than to go into a ministry of my own.

Now, though, we don't go to church. We moved to a different state, and my husband works third shift, and I don't drive, and don't feel comfortable going to a new church with my 2 year old since I don't want to leave him with anyone but it defeats the purpose of going just to sit in the nursery. I eventually want to start again, but for now I'm content with the fellowship I get online and the study I do on my own. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We attend almost every Sunday. I've been a Deacon, an Elder, and a Sunday School teacher in an adult class. My husband's a Deacon and taught 4th/5th grade Sunday School for about 8 years. We really like our church and the people there.

And, in the Bible, Jesus encouraged people to be together in a community of believers. No, he didn't specifically mention a "church" but it's clear that we need to meet together, to learn together, to be encouraged and uplifted by each other. I've seen a lot of "God is everywhere so I don't need to go to church" as an excuse not to get up on the weekend.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• we go most Sunday mornings b/c we are having a great class right now on a book DH & i really love. but we dont feel bad if we skip, as its not about attendance. we help out w/ most functions that DD is a part of (VBS, fall festival, easter carnival, etc) and ive done the nursery during worship. my dads the preacher so i know more of the church's business than most, but i wouldnt say im super active.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:03 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• only time was when my parents made me go with them to church as a kid and I didn't have any choice in the matter but go along with it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I attend on Sundays and Wednesdays; occasionally help out in the nursery.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2010