I'd like to visit Jerusalem. Does anyone know if its safe right now?

I'd like to visit Jerusalem. Has anyone been there in the last few month and or knows if its safe. Anything I need to know?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Travel

• I think it's about as safe as it can be right now. But the are about to start the Middle East peace talks, and that may change things. You can look up State Dept reports online to see what the travel status is. I traveled to Egypt after 9/11 and I didn't have any problems over there.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Jerusalem in general is pretty safe. I lived there during the intifada in the late 1980's. There were certain bus routes we knew not to take. But the tourist areas were always safe.

I've been to Israel several times since I moved back. The only time I was worried was when they blew up the Park Hotel in Netanya about a day after I had been there. And that is not a big tourist area, more for Israelis who want a weekend or holiday away.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I know several people who are currently living and studying in and around Jerusalem. They are very comfortable.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010