My face is starting to break out with pimples after all these years. What can I use?

My skin is oily and dry in places. After all these years I'm breaking out. My skin is sensitive. Any ideas what I can use to get rid of the pimples and moisturize it?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• don't use soap wash warm water and rise if you use cold it will open your pores
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Try Witch Hazel, it's natural and clears up your skin. Then use a very light moisturizer for the dry places only.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Thanks I'll try that. I know I can't use soap and water. I break out in a rash. I can't use cleaners coz I break out. My skin is very sensitive. Mostly I just use water and oley of old ladies. LOL
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 4:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Sei Bella is Nicole Miller's natural skin care line - very gentle - I have been able to get rid of pimples ( never had them as a teen -but now I get them!) by applying Melaleuca Oil T36-C5 directly on the pimple - this works great and is gentle on your skin.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• talk to a dermatologist or a facialist, and schedule an appointment with your regular doctor. Randomly breaking out from pimples could be hormonal (if you are pregnant, just had a baby, or going through menopause, or changes in birth control). If you know it's not hormonal on one of those issues, then it could be from stress and/or diet, so try to change your diet and destress.

Faces don't normally just break out without an underlying cause, and while there are creams and cleansers and such that can reduce break outs, it doesn't treat the underlying issue that is causing them, thus it won't fix the problem. Which is why I suggest seeking your regular doctor for a check up, as well as a dermatologist because they have access to your skin, and can tell you based on your skin type, and condition the best products that will work. Anything anyone else here suggest could make it worse if it doesn't fit your condition.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010