What do you think of when you see a women that is a SAHM?

Im asking working mothers this question, however anyone can answer please feel free too I like seeing all sides of topics.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 3:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think we're lucky.

I don't want to work anymore.

I don't go without anything.

When I want to go someplace, I climb into my black, 2009 Chevy Tahoe and go.

Please, don't feel sorry for me.
    I'm fine.
    And yes, I do have a college degree.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't think you can lump people into categories such as SAHM vs. working moms and then judge them based on that criteria alone. I know women who are SAHMs who are the best, most attentive mothers you'd ever care to meet. I also know women who stay at home with their children all day long and are lazy, ill kept, unhappy mother's who do their best to ignore their children all day so that they don't miss their favorite TV shows.

The same is true for working mothers. A woman is either a good mother or she is not. I don't think that changes based on her choice or ability to work or not.
    Mary229

Answer by Mary229 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My feelings are that SAHM's are selfless women and are very fortunate to be able to stay at home and nurture their children.

I have been both a working mom and I am currently a stay at home mom and I feel that in a sense it was much easier to go to work for me but then I missed so much with my kids and those moments I will never get back and it makes me sad just thinking about it.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• When I was working I envied a SAHM being able to be home with her children, but also was glad to get something each day that was MINE. Where I was NOT having a child on me every single moment and for a few hours I was my own person again.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Sometimes I wish I was a SAHM, but other times, I am so glad Im not. Dont get me wrong, I love my dd, but its hard work! Haha. Other than that, I dont think much. Everyone lives their life, whether they stay home or work.
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 3:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'd think she was lucky!! Haha, no... I recently quit my job and am a SAHM, personally it's driving me crazy... I love being able to have all the extra time with my son but I would also love to be out there have a career and bring home some bacon for the family :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I wish I was one, and I think it is wonderful...

but that is because I am not one. You always want what you can't have.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am thinking, "glad that is not me." I love working and having my career.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am a SAHM and to be quite honest, I sometimes envy those of you who get to go to work. You get to have "grown up" time.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• When I see a SAHM, I assume that she and her husband sat down together and decided that it would be best for their family and for their financial situation if the mom stayed home. I assume that they budget well enough that they can live on one working parent's paycheck without public assistance. I assume that the mother enjoys the stay at home lifestyle. I hope and pray that my assumptions are correct.

MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 12:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010