What do you think of working moms?

Again anyone feel free to answer however you like.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 3:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think all moms are working moms.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am one and I am a great one......
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well, I'm a working mom that doesn't financially have to work. However, it is really nice to be able to give my kids the things and activities they want and need and to save for their college educations without being constantly worried about money. Ultimately, my kids are my responsibility, along with my husband, of course. Shocker - I also love my job, and I don't feel one bit guilty for doing the best thing for my family. So, clearly, I am insane. Thank you, LindaClement, for helping me realize that.

I know some moms have no choice but to work. I feel sorry for them, that they do not get to stay at home with their kids like they would prefer.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think we working moms are great! We work for many reasons from having to to wanting to but either way, we love our families and our kids and do the best we can for them. We do everything a SAHM does in less time, we cook, we clean, we teach our kids, we are there for school events, we are there for Dr appts, and we teach our kids how to work hard for what they want/need in life, independence and self esteem. None of this makes us bad parents! None of these things makes should stop us from being parents and we are NOT letting others raise our kids! For those that feel this strongly, How do you feel about moms who run day cares? Yes they are home with their kids but their attention is sometimes elsewhere with other peoples kids making them working moms? Go figure that one out huh?!

monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Love them! I am a working mom....by choice. No guilt here for working. I am home by 2.30 everyday and love teaching. My son has never been in daycare but he does go to private preschool. My husband supports my decision b/c he knows it makes me happy. The extra income helps as well.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think working moms are awesome! I think every mom feels guilt at some point in her life, regardless of her choice to work or to stay home. I am not trapped by what I have to do or what I should do. My husband and I are independent and free to choose what is best for our kids, for our family, for our marriage, and for us. Because we are free to make these decisions, we choose to have a household with two working parents, and our children are better for it. Your children might be better for your decision to stay at home. That's great! Don't assume that what's best for you is best for the next person. Different isn't always bad.

MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 12:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I work because I love what I do. I do not feel guility that I want to work or that my daughter goes to daycare. I LOVE that my daughter is getting an education that I could not even begin to give her. For some other mom who doesn't know the situation of what each mom goes through I don't think they should say that working moms feel guility that they work.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 12:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• A woman is either a good mother or she is not. Her occupation, or lack thereof, in addition to motherhood is irrelevant.

Mary229

Answer by Mary229 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Good for them!! LOL :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Lindaclement: Let me tell you something i am a working mother and I have tried to find anyway to keep my DD OUT OF DAYCARE and home with me or my hubby we did it for 2 1/2 yrs and both worked outside the home and know that our schedules have changed we have no choice but to have our DD in childcare. I had my child to raise her and if you haven't watch the news lately maybe you should cause this country is HURTING BIG TIME.
    Do i like working outside the home! NO Do i like my job! YES I LOVE MY JOB? but I love my DD so much more and I have to be able to put a roof over her and her brothers head we can't do on just one income. So i am so happy you don't have to work and your hubby takes care of you. You take care of the house and your huby can pay your bills. Happy for ya!
    So people just aren't as lucky as others. I would love to be a house wife.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010