What made you say "Yes I will send my child to preschool."?

Just wondering as a mother who thought preschool was once a waste of time, now feels differently due to the benefits I see with my own child, and after talking to other mothers before hand that sent there children to preschool.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 3:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• As a teacher...I knew my son would go to preschool. I see the benefits of it 100%. Plus, socialization with people outside the home is very important. He started at 2.5 years only going 1/2 days for 2 days/week. He is now in the pre-k program 5days/week 9-12. He loves it, makes friends, I make new mom friends, and he learns more than I could ever get to do at home. Believe me I have tried.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• For me it was for SANITY REASONS. I love my son. but he is in the autism spectrum and pre school not only provided him with more practice at socialization, therapy , etc but gave me a much needed break .
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Work. My dd doesnt go yet, but next year we are planning on sending her to preschool because dh and I will be working full time. Plus, there are a ton of other benefits, like learning, social interactions, etc..
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 3:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Next year my son will and I am super excited!! Never to early to start teaching your kids!! It's also a great opportuity for him to learn social skills and be around other kids :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was kink of forced by an overbearing mother-in-law.I regret it everyday of my life.Now my little girl is 13 and I wish I could get those precious days back.She didnt learn anything that I wasnt already teaching her and she was a social butterfly as soon as she could talk.Lets just say I didnt make the same mistake with my son.
    tigergirl31

Answer by tigergirl31 at 3:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I put my daughter in when she was two for two days a week and she is now in Pre-K going 3 days a week. For me it was for her to have interaction with other children since I am astay at home mom & wasn't around children much. And I think it gets them more prepared for kindergaren in a social and learning setting.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 5:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My son. I see how he's not used to interacting with children hisown age. He also asked me for about a year can he go to school. He is now 3 so I feel if this is something he'd like to do then fine.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 7:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We didn't have too many little ones nearby for my son to play with so I wanted him to get the socialization.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Because he kept asking to go.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• my daughter loves to learn, and she will start school next year, so this is a great way for her to get started.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 10:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2010