I only pee on average 2-3 times a day, is this normal, or do I have a huge bladder?

I go when I wake up, sometimes mid-afternoon, and before bed. That's it! Doesn't seem like enough to me !

jorrensmom

Asked by jorrensmom at 1:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• You need to be drinking more water. Ideally 6 8ounce glasses a day. It sounds like a lot but is only a quart and a half of water a day. You might consider restricting caffeinated beverages if you drink them. Caffeine is a diuretic.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I personally drink that much water (as the previous poster suggested); plus coffee and/or tea (I know it's a diuretic, but I can't help it) and I only pee like 4 times a day. Sometimes only 3. Morning; before bed, and may once or 2 twice during the day....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You're probably dehydrated, the poster up top is right. You need to drink more water.
    Anonymous

• Wow..I must have a weak bladder..lol. I drink about 60oz a day and I'm in the bathroom no less than every hour and 15 mins
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have the same thing. I've noticed that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Yeah, I don't know... My SIL has recently spent the day with me and has watch how much a drink, be it water, tea, coffee, etc and made the comment "If I drink that much I would never leave the bathroom". LOL; I don't think it's how often you go that you should be worried about what what it looks like. A well hydrated person's urine is going to be light yellow to clear. If it is NOT light yellow to clear then I would start drinking more water. As the first poster stated you should be drinking about a 1.5 quarts a water a day.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You know I drink alot and I still only go about 3-4 times a day!
    cmb_sunshine

Answer by cmb_sunshine at 7:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• water water water
    godsgirl746

Answer by godsgirl746 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have same issue I know I need to drink more but when ur not thirsty its hard lol
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 11:30 PM on May. 3, 2013

• I ony piss three times a day: morning, midafternoon, bedtime. I have a very large bladder. Sometimes I skip afternoon and piss morning and night.
    reg86liz

Answer by reg86liz at 5:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2014