Nasty rash

My baby is 8 and a half months old and this morning he woke up with a nasy rash all over his body. Its like welts under his arms and in the diaper area and then raised bumps on his arms. He's kinda crabby but not having problems breathing or anything. He had something new for dinner last night and Im thinking its an allergic reaction to it. Can I give him benadryl? If so how much?

blondisfun

Asked by blondisfun at 1:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to consult your Dr. Swelling in the throat can occur from allergic reactions. If the rash is as bad as it sounds I would have him seen.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Call you doc ASAP.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 2:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• There can be things going on that you cannot see that are dangerous to your baby so take him to the doctor today.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 2:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I would get him checked out for sure. My firends son woke up with a wierd rash once and it turned out to be something called kawasaki's disease. It affects the heart. It was really wierd because they said it usually affects asian children and he's white. Not trying to scare you but had they caught his earlier it wouldn't have done damage to his heart.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 2:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• take him to the doctor it could be any number of things and they can tell you what is safe to give him and how much.

WillaKaye

Answer by WillaKaye at 2:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2008