I Miss my baby so much. I could prob have my boss lay me off so I can stay home with my baby for at least 6 months and I would be ok financially but i would just be back to square 1 in 6 months because eventually i have to work. This Sucks. What would u do? ,,

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 2:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I WOULD DOWN SIZE AND CUT SOME EXPENSES OFF UNTIL MY NOT WORKING WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM. THERE IS NO $ IN THE WORLD THAT CAN COMPARE TO WATCHING YOUR BABY GROW UP.

Answer by older at 2:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am totally with you. My unemployment just ran out and I hate it!!! I don't want to go to work. I want to move down South where everything is cheaper!!
    Love-Mommy

Answer by Love-Mommy at 2:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Can you talk to your boss about taking a Leave Of Absence? These are voluntary and unpaid, but it basically "saves" your job spot for when you come back. Depending on what your company's policy is, you could take off up to 12 weeks. That's 3 months. You said you could afford to be out of work for 6 months, so 3 wouldn't be a big deal. Go talk to him about this and see what their policy is.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Can you do part-time so that you are working enough to still get benefits (if you have them) but still have a little extra time to spend with the baby? You'll get used to it. I work full time and 55+ hours during tax season. I don't mind b/c when I'm not with the baby after hours, it means grandma or daddy are bonding with her.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• 15 1/2 years ago I was in the same boat. We had to have 2 incomes. I started a Home Day Care. While this may not work for everyone, it has been a blessing from God to me and my family! I have been able to be at home with my boys..now 17 and 15 and I wouldn't have traded it for the world. I take care of 3 children who's mothers work a 3 or 4 day work week ~ just another option.
    Good Luck
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Personally, I choose to work.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 2:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• my husband and i sacrifice a lot of things when it comes to finances so that i can stay home with our children. maybe you could work part-time and stretch the money you have in savings by cutting costs.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Whatever I have to do. What else CAN you do?

If you're able to cut back so you can stay home, then do so. If you can't cut back further, then you need to realize that you're doing what's necessary. It's one thing to make sacrifices. Make sure you make the right ones.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You might want to try something my mother does both to help me with and spend time with my 14-month-old daughter. I'm pregnant with my second child and mom wanted the extra time home. She asked her boss if she'd be able to go from 40 hrs a week to 32 hrs. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays she goes into work at 12:30p instead of 8a. That and on Fridays, she gets off at 4p instead of 5p. It gives her more time with both of us, as well as giving us a safe time to schedule all doctors appointments.
    MoonTarot

Answer by MoonTarot at 5:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Could you try to supplement your income with GPT sites or paid email and survey sites? http://cashcrate.com/646279. And I sell Avon at www.youravon.com/billieorr. You can do that sort of thing with baby in tow, you won't lose as much income. Combine that with cutbacks and you may not have to do a traditional job.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008