I am pregnant and I only eat once or twice a day . I am getting scared because I am barely showing could it be anything wrong

pregnant and carring very small

roses238

Asked by roses238 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you or your doctors have concern about your weight gain or the babies growth than you need to eat more... I carry very small until the last 2 months personally. Up until 7 months with my first two pregnancies you could'nt tell I was pregnant and then 8 months whomp I blew up like a balloon... Well with the first one I did my second was way premie so I never looked preggers with her...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• How far along are you? I'm 17 1/2 weeks, and I'm just now starting to show. My mom told me all three of her pregnancies were different - with me, she didn't show until she was 6 months pregnant. One morning she just rolled over, and there I was! If you're really concerned, talk to your doctor. Why aren't you eating more? Your doctor could be able to give you some pregnancy safe anti-nausea pills to supress the problem, if that's the problem. If you're not eating to stay thin, remember that you're supposed to gain 25-40 lbs. for the health of YOURSELF. The baby will take from you what it needs, whether you provide it or not, which means you could be getting malnourished.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 2:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I'm 30 weeks and I'm carrying quite small. It all depends on what your weight was before you got pregnant, which baby you're on (#1, #2, etc), and several other factors. If you're not eating a lot, you at least need to be taking your prenatals every day. Remember that whatever you don't ingest, your baby will take it from your body whether you want it to or not. It'll take it from your bones and your organs and your blood...so it's good to have extra vitamins and minerals floating around for it to snack on :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Im 10weeks preggo and i eat very small portions. I eat as much as my 2 and 4 year old do and im already showing. Im sure your just fine all women are diffrent and so are all pregnancy's
    Anonymous

• I have had 5 children. I hardly ate ANYTHING with my first baby, because I was SOOOO DANG SICK the first 3 months!! I thought FOR SURE I was going to have a sick baby!! NOPE!! Mother Nature took care of EVERYTHING!! He was born a VERY HEALTHY 7 pound 10 ounce baby!! Don't worry if you are not showing much. Some people don't show til closer to your due date. With my fifth and FINAL, I did NOT show until I was 7 months pregnant!!! When I was 6 months, I looked to be about 3-4 months pregnant!! BARELY a "BUMP!" My mom did NOT show with me til she was 8 MONTHS along!! Your Dr. will let you know if you have anything to be worried about. Unless that happens, try not to worry and everything will be fine!! GOOD LUCK!!!
    Allebas

Answer by Allebas at 2:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I was the same way..I could barely eat anything. My Hubby was always on my case saying that I was not eating enough and that the baby was not getting enought but I just could not eat anymore than I was. I asked my doctor about it and he said that a baby is like a parasite and will take what they need from you. If it is taking more than you have than you will feel the need and be able to eat more.
    babyD120508

Answer by babyD120508 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• im only 18 weeks preggo and im also barly showing.
    felicia579

Answer by felicia579 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You're eating once or twice a day?? There's no way you're getting what your body needs!! The baby will take what it needs, but you still need to be conscious of your body because you won't be pregnant forever! And prenatal vitamins are not to be used to substitute what you're not eating - they're there to boost all the good stuff you should be intaking daily.

Eat!! Remember, you're going to lose tons of weight after the baby is born ESPECIALLY if you breast feed. If you're not eating because of nauea, then talk to your doctor about see a nutritionist or taking medicine to help the nausea.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Ok everyone is different! I would'nt worry alot if your small! I am sure if the doctor where concerned they'd say something! Just make sure your eating enough iron and vitamin rich foods!! Lots of lean protien and 2% milk and vegis and fruits and plenty of water!! You will be fine!
    jodilara

Answer by jodilara at 9:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2008