I've got a wiggler.

My son is 9 weeks old and is completely BF. He has decided that when he nurses he has to be moving all around and latching on and off constantly and likes to lean back so he can look at the world. It is kinda annoying and hurts some because he likes to clamp down every now and then. How do I teach him that at nursie time you sit still and don't hurt momma?

naturalhome

Asked by naturalhome at 2:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like the suggestion of a nursing necklace. If it doesn't fascinate him now, it will in a few months! lol Try swaddling him before you nurse. If he needs a "break" to look around, allow him.. He is, after all, brand new to this world! :) And when he "chomps" you, take away the booby, tell him no.. Not meanly but like you mean it all the same.. And then let him continue.- he's little yet so it might take a while for him to get the message. :) And hey- Good job breastfeeding!!!

Jen: Mommy to four crazy kids, still BFing the two youngest (20m, 4m)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 3:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• There is no way to. Some kids are just more active than others. I had 2 that were good, and the 3rd one doesn't stop.
    Anonymous

• You could always try to pump and bottle feed him with breastmilk. I dont have any other advice or ideas than that.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 2:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i would suggest a nursing necklace. it gives your little one something to examine while eating and remaining relatively still.

i wonder though if perhaps he is moving because you have an overactive letdown. has he always been wiggly like this or is it completely new?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have a wiggler too! I agree with Nytefae....Swaddlle! Or try having him hold on to your finger if you can.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2008