my daughter is 18 months and woke up with itchy, watery left eye and runny nose, im thinking its allergys, just wanted to know if any body knew of any thing i can give her ????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• infant benadryl it's for allergies, you can buy it at any pharmacy
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 2:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• She is old enough to give her some benadryl. The dosage is on the back of the bottle. Anything else and I would call the doctor and talk to the nurse.
    MommyToEmily06

Answer by MommyToEmily06 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I agree, benadryl is the way to go even if it's a cold instead of allergies, it still treats the same symptoms.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Call the doctor; he/she will tell you what to give and the dosage.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 2:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• zyrtek works great, but like previous poster, you'd need to call the doc to get the exact dosage. The ENT recommended to dry up my dd ears.
    Anonymous

• Benadryl is great, just tell your pharmascist how much she weighs to get a dosage. (its more accurate than age)
    KEHMom

Answer by KEHMom at 7:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My daughter has the same allergy symptoms.Call the doctor,they can give you the right dosage for her weight and individual medical condition.Plus you should probably have her checked out to be 100% certain it is allergies.
    emilysmommy710

Answer by emilysmommy710 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2008