Do you still have your wisdom teeth?

I never got mine. The dentist said they don't appear to have ever formed at all. At least from what the xrays of my jaw show. There's no space for them. Guess I have a small jaw bone and there just wasn't room.

L.A.F.outloud

Asked by L.A.F.outloud at 5:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Health

• cassie- I read that a long time ago people needed the extra teeth to be able to bite through and chew their wild dinner and that now evolution has changed peoples mouths and they dont have room for the extra teeth a lot of the time so they kinda get in the way and grow funny. also our mouths are growing smaller. Eons ago our jaws were a lot bigger and there was room for these teeth. We are actually evolving to not even have them and guess what..... some folks already are there on one or more wisdom teeth. When that finally happens then the 12 year molars will become impacted. If you could see us in a million years we'll be looking a lot different mouthwise.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had to have mine removed because they were coming in sideways.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I dont have them either. What is the point of them anyways if they are just going to be removed?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Mine were all in by the time i was 17 and out by the time i was 18. They had to do major surgery to get mine out they were causing a lot of problems. Then 6 yrs later my jaw was broken in 16 places on the bottom and 9 on the top so ya I have a lot of jaw problems regardless.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• got them removed then mine grew back had to remove them twice
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Mine came in just fine but I had the top 2 pulled a few years ago because they each had a cavity that couldn't be filled.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had them removed all at once when I was 21 by an oral surgeon while under anesthesia

FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 6:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had all 4 removed.
    AutismEveryday

Answer by AutismEveryday at 7:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had all 4 removed and then another little one came in!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Mine all came in and back down again many times until it caused them to become impacted, starting at the age of 15. I then went on oral antibiotics to clear up the infection and had to have major oral surgery to have them removed. It was not fun at all, so if I were you I would count myself blessed.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 9:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010