Where you were and what were you doing on September 11, 2001 when the planes hit?

I was not directly effective by the events on 9/11/2001, but I still take a few moments to remember and pray for those who were. I was putting my 2nd grader on the school. I did not learn of the attacks untill later that morning when my husband and I stopped off at the gas station to fill up. We lived in Edwardsville, KS and were headed to Leavenworth for a doctors appointment. I walked into the gas station to pay and they had their little tv on and everyone was crowded around it. I asked what was going on, and they said the twin towers had been hit and had fallen. There were other attacks as well. I stood in stunned silence as I watched the replay of the plains crashing into the towers, and then them falling.

Ks_mom94

Asked by Ks_mom94 at 5:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• at work. it didn't sink in at first.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was getting ready for school and I watch a little bit of news every morning. And that was on. Every class I went to we watched the news about what was going on. Talked about it with friends and peers.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 6:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I wasn't directly affected by it either I was at work and had to go get my test for downs syndrome so I had walked into the office and got checked in and was sitting there & they all were watching something on TV I had waited quite a while then went up because no one was moving & I was in a hurry to get back to work when they said what had happened. Of course being at work we hadn't heard of anything yet so when I got back I started telling everyone and that's when radios and stuff went on.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was asleep when the phone woke me and it was my mom telling me that we were being bombed and I didn't believe her. She told me to turn on the tv and hung up. We weren't actually being riddled with bombs, but ......the rest is history.
    insomnia

Answer by insomnia at 6:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was at home when my dh called me and told me to turn on the TV because all hell was breaking out in the US.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It the time of the attacks, I was getting my daughter ready for school and on the bus. I then went back to bed. It was weird because normally I had the news on while doing this, but for some reason that morning I didn't turn on the tv.
    Ks_mom94

Comment by Ks_mom94 (original poster) at 6:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I watched it from the very beginning. I worked 3rd shift and had just got home. Once there, I proceeded to change a belt in my truck, so I was in and out of the house. I had my tv on so I could catch the local news. One of my trips in, the news was breaking and I stopped to see what it was. I stayed glued to the TV then. I was even watching as the 2nd plane hit (live). Sad.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• here in oz i was lying in bed-i couldnt sleep that night, watching some lame late night tv show, when one of those emergency broadcasts came on. i woke up my husband, at first i thought it was a hoax, i couldnt believe it.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 6:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was in my Jr year of high school and I was in my cna class, the principle came over the intercom and told us we would not have class as normal the rest of the day bc he felt what was happening was more important...the classroom tv's came on and we pretty much watched it the rest of the day..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 6:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was at home talking to my friend on the phone, after we hung up she called me back right away and told me to put on the news. It had just happened. My youngest was 5 months old and I just remember holding her and watching the news and feeling so sad for the world she was inheriting.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2010