Does you DH get ignored when someone's talking to you about the kids or school?

I'll have school people or other moms look right past him and only address me. He says people only address him if I'm not there or if he makes himself very known (clear the throat or talk alot on purpose) or stands cheek to cheek with me so they HAVE to look at him lol

Why are even good, involved dads treated like that?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Then why aren't you redirecting things toward him? You could get the point across pretty easily by responding to the speaker with "gee, I don't know" and turning to him and saying "what do you think, honey?". There's no reason you can't help him to be included. People will get it.
    jinxandjoy

Answer by jinxandjoy at 8:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My husband was always actively involved ... but some of that credit goes to him as well. He recognized his responsibility to join in conversations, to be active, to get involved in what was happening - instead of taking a passive role and waiting for people to talk to him, which can make a person appear disinterested.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I dont know. Never had that problem. Though my kids arent in school yet. But I think it rude on the people and nothing about your DH
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 6:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I mean these people don't even acknowledge him there. They just start talking to me only and don't look at both of us as parents. He very much does interact with the speaker. Its just kinda rude.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• @jinx ....good idea, thanks :)
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2010