how long does your two year old nap for?

mine is having difficulty having any day time sleep this week.

katiemum

Asked by katiemum at 7:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my boys hated naps, I just gave up on it, and let their bodies decide when it was time
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• both my boys gave up their naps at age 2
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My 22 month old sleeps 11 hours at night and takes a 2-3 hour nap usually (although yesterday it was 3 1/2 hours!)

Answer by missanc at 7:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• mine sleeps 13-14 hours at night and takes anywhere from a 2-3 hour nap during the day.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My daughter goes to bed by 8 each night usually sleeps until about 7:30 a.m. and takes a 2 to 2 1/2 hour nap every afternoon (I dont like to let her sleep more than 2 1/2 hours for her nap, though some days I'm sure she would). I am strict with keeping her on scedule and avoid missing naps. Hopefully she will continue to stay on this scedule for some time yet. I have noticed that if she goes off scedule at all, even if traveling or going to bed an hour later in the evening-- it will throw her entire scedule off (and she will even refusing a nap). I highly recommend to all new moms that once their baby gets on a scedule stick to it! I know far too many parents with children the same age or younger than my daughter who say their kids refuse naps. My daughter is very active, and we enjoy going to the playground etc so I'm sure that helps wear her out for nap time.
    xxmama2k08

Answer by xxmama2k08 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• my DD will be 3 soon. She naps for about 1.5-2 hours one time a day. Try pushing nap time back a bit. Thats what I had to do when my DD started fighting naps. Now she naps from 2-330 or 4.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• my 19 month old daughter naps from 2pm-4pm. She sleeps at night from 10pm-8am. I use to let her just nap whenever she got sleepy. It was always at different times and sometimes she did not nap until 4pm in the afternoon, or even 6pm. and there was not keeping her awake when she was ready to nap. Then she would not go to bed until 12pm or after. Then I started putting her down for a nap and making her lay there until she went to sleep. Now she goes to bed earlier at night and sleeps better too.
    anw

Answer by anw at 3:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010