Is it right to spy on what your DH does online?

barring adultry, just to see what he does?

I think its a violation of privacy but I've heard people talk about attaching something to the router or modem that discreetly tracks internet history on all computers on the system?

Is spying any less sneaky than what he's not telling you about? if anything

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I know someone who did this. I think anyone who does this has a huge problem. If you that insecure, something is wrong with the relationship.
    Stephanie329

Answer by Stephanie329 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Of course not - what on earth would make a person even imagine that they have a "right" to invade someone else's privacy? Trust is a cornerstone of a good relationship and if you don't have that, you don't have much of a relationship.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 7:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• absolutely NOT ok. If you dont trust your spouse you need to deal with your own issues. spying is not cool. i can ask my hubby anytime what he is doing and he would show me.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 7:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't think it's OK!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 7:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well if he is acting strange and sneaking around to be on the computer or closing the screen when I walked into the room, I would spy on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Spying shows a lack of trust and you don't have much of a relationship if you don't have trust.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It is wrong but does it mean people dont do it....
    conweis

Answer by conweis at 8:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• hahaha i don't have to spy on my husband... he always leaves all of his tabs open when he leaves the computer... i told him its like leaving all the kitchen cabinets open hahaha
    I don't feel the need to spy on him, he is very open and honest with me and he has guy friends that he keeps accountability with
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think that if you think that your SO/hubby is that sneaky, then you have no trust, and no relationship can survive if there is no trust...I trust my SO completely!
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't trust my husband and I've got damn good reasons for it too. And I've never been sneeky about checking what he does online. I'm blaten and upfront about it. IF he doesn't like that, then he can stop using the net. The bill is in my name and I'm responsiable for everything that's done on the computers via the net. I damn well have a right to check and see wtf he is doing.

What get's me, is how in the hell can any married couple expect and much less demand privacy? Being married......doesn't that mean your lives are shared so why carve out that privacy bubble and exclude the spouse? You're married, don't expect privacy unless your in the bathroom taking a dump!!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2010