what attracts you to a man?

my son is 21. he needs some pointers on what women, his age, are looking for in a guy.

UTZY

Asked by UTZY at 2:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Eye contact, gentleness, innocence. If I think he is a ladies man or a pervert, it's a turn off. I felt the same way at 15, 21, and 32. A true gentleman is rare these days. A hand written letter, a hand picked flower, vulnerability and sincerity. I like to feel like I am unique and special to him for specific reasons. I like simplicity and thoughtfulness. If a man is too complicated, they are going to cause too much stress in the relationship. No high maintence men, please! A quitness, good listening skills and eye contact. When a man makes the woman that they like, feel like they are their full time job, studying them and knowing them on a deeper level, it is such a turn on! It is surely going to be recipicated.
    CherieM

Answer by CherieM at 3:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Well first I look at his face, is he cute and that sort of thing. Then, personality, is he the kind that complains a lot or does he have an upbeat demeanor? (self confidence to a point is hot) And then does he make an effort to keep in shape. But one of the biggest things is is he good with kids? Oh and if he's nice to a girl and isn't really argent. Be yourself and don't hide who you are by trying to show off, unless of course that's who you are. I'm 20 and that's what I think is really attractive in guys. Oh and I find smoking a really big turnoff. lol if he asked you about this sort of thing, that's kind of hot too (but mostly cute) and says he's a family man, this is big if he's really serious about a girl he likes. BUT BE YOURSELF WITH CONFIDENCE! good luck to him.
    jvann1

Answer by jvann1 at 3:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• in looks i like a great smile, personality wise - i love a family man. someone who is close to his family and respects mine too. i love to laugh, so being able to be confident and goofy is always a plus. responsible is a HUGE thing!!!! no one wants to be their man's momma. LOL! don't get me wrong i love be able to take care of my man but he has to be able to be responsible and take care of me too (thats great hubby material there) - GOOD LUCK!!
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 4:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Sense of humor, genuine smile, respect

Answer by admckenzie at 9:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• A great smile will pull me in, however it is the way he talks to me that will keep my attention. Meaning if he shows me respect while having a conversation then that means he will continue to show me respect.
    cgkgmom

Answer by cgkgmom at 10:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Personality for sure. Ofcourse, there has to be that instant attraction, first. But personality and a genuine heart is next. Also, emotional strength. There is nothing hotter than a man that is emotionally strong and supportive of you.
    motheroftwo1203

Answer by motheroftwo1203 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• confidence, personality, smile, respect, romantic, honesty, clean cut, .....
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• there has to be chemistry for me. sure i like a nice face and ok, a cute butt but if i'm not comfortable with him, no way.
    3lilgems

Answer by 3lilgems at 10:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Honesty is key. If you have to lie to attract a person, i just isnt meant to be. Bring fun and laughter into it. Hygene is important. stinky breath and BO is a big turn off
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Just treat me like a lady.Because I am!
    momof333

Answer by momof333 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2008