What do you think about the practice of plural marriage or relationships with more then two people in them?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 7:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it is sick. I would never share my husband or want him to share me. Usually plural marraiges exist to feed the lust and greed of a man, not to mention the fact that he is in complete control of many women and children. I am sure it works well for some people, but I feel like they would have to be seriously delusional.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 7:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• None of my business. If it works for them, great. I know several people in polyamorous relationships. It's just like any other relationship - there has to be communication and trust and mutual agreement by everyone involved. (and I find the idea that they usually exist to feed the man's ego laughable. Of the PAs I know, most of them are relationships with one woman and two men. One is in a true dual partnership, two women, two men, where she has two male partners and one of her male partners has her and another female partner).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Plural marriage doesn't necessarily mean that one man has multiple wives (polygyny); one woman can have multiple wives (polyandry), and that is the case in some cultures. Like many marriages, plural marriage is done often for economic benefits. However, there are some religions that promote plural marriage or specifically polygyny. Having been Mormon, I can tell you that I grew comfortable with the idea of being in a plural marriage in the afterlife. The founder of that religion, Joseph Smith, actually married women who were already married. So both polygyny and polyandry were being practiced. I do think that plural marriage--if done in a noncreepy manner!--is fine for some people and arguably should be legal in the U.S.
    SMH2010

Answer by SMH2010 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• well it's none of our business to judge as long as they are taking care of their own, it's not affecting us i feel as though some people just want to thrust their views on someone and say here this is how it is so stop it
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It's not for me, but if they are all consenting adults then I feel like it's none of my business.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• there is no such thing as a plural marriage...if you are living in one...then you're lying to yourself. Plural relationships..they can be fun, fine, whatever as long as everyone is happy.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Its not something I would personally choose, but that doesn't mean I'd wish to tell others they can't choose it for themselves. As long as all parties involved are fully aware of the situation, and are adults who consent, its not really any of my business.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It weirds me out, but it's really not my business.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It is none of my business.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Personally, I can't wrap my mind around how that situation could leave everyone feeling happy and satisfied, but.....

who am I to judge?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010