what would you do?

my dad just had hip surgery 2 days ago because he fell. Well my mom is going on vacation with the church because she paid almost 200.00 to do and wont get her money back. She wants me to live there for a week to watch him. I live 10 seconds if we drive walking with a 2 year old gives it a half hour walk. She wants me to walk there after I get my 5 year old on the school bus (I don't drive). Now she keeps asking me to call my 5 year old off school for a week (all day kindergarden) but it is only her 2nd week of school going on 3rd. See my mom would have called us off for a week. She said to tell them there is a family emergency what would you do? I don't think I will, but wanted to se what everyone else thought.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• i'm sorry but your mom should be canceling her trip. Like they said, 200 is not alot to lose when your husband just had surgery. stick to your guns and don't let her guilt you into staying the week much less into taking your daughter out of school!! If anything, you could spend a few hours with your dad while your daughter is in school then go home once you pick her up.
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't think I would either!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 7:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No, I would let her go. I would walk to get her and then 0.s2tay with my dad the rest
    of the time.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 7:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• well if I walk to go get here that is a half hour to the bus stop then a half hour to get back to my mom and dads. She has to be at the bus stop in the morning at 7:45
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Isn't there anyone you can get to help you? Honestly, I think it's your mom who should cancel her trip and rearranger her plans not you. $200.00 is not that much money to loose because of, she put it, a family emergency.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am with HotMama. $200 is piddly compared to her staying home and taking care of her spouse. She needs to re-arrange her plans not expect you to drop everything and take your child out of school when she can simply stay home and take care of him herself.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Isn't there anyone you can get to help you? Honestly, I think it's your mom who should cancel her trip and rearranger her plans not you. $200.00 is not that much money to loose because of, she put it, a family emergency

No I don't have anyone that can help me at all. I can't leave the kids with DH cause he has to work. I have noone else to take the kids. I asked my grandma, but she doesn't want to tie herself down to taking my DD to the bus stop and bringing her to me and it would anly be for a week
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Can your dad come stay with you. So they you dont have to go there and your child can get on and off the bus. Or if they insist you stay there cant you just call them and have whatever bus goes by your parents house get your kid from there?
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 1:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

I asked them and he doesn't want too. No the bus wont go there because even though it is 10 seconds of driving it is out of the district. They live in Barberton and I live in kenmore it is on the boarder. But I called them and because it isn't in the district they wont take her there
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010